Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Mmm... Music

It's provocative... gets the people going!

Oh, music.

Today I'm going to talk about Those Songs.


You know Those Songs. At least, I hope you do. The breed of songs that you want to listen to in a pair of good headphones because, as they fill your whole world with music, it's like you're resting on this piece of the world that has been temporarily broken off, a place where you can imagine everything to the melody. Stories fall along the words or BOOM begin with the perfect change of pace that just hits you. It makes you feel like


or 


or



or




If you don't know what I mean, you've yet to find the music that does it for you. And I HIGHLY suggest that you go find that music now because it will change your life. Or at least, it will relax and open your mind a little bit, and that's always a good thing isn't it?

I've been on the hunt for songs lately because, see, I'm trying to make this perfect playlist for Winter. It can't have the same energy of my back-to-school, in-season playlist, ya know? No, no, no. This list has to have a darker flavor. With a slightly deeper aftertaste. Perhaps some sexual undertones in there.

Hey it's all preferences.

And I could use some inspirations. You know that writer's block I was talking about in the last post? Music helps assuage the problem. It really does. Nothing paints the picture of a post-apocalyptic-all-love-is-lost story better than a good song that makes you feel like you're crumbling inside.

Am I crazy?

Maybe. Yes.  Possibly.

But I'm just saying. There's nothing like melting to the perfect song.

Speaking of which, if you'd like to hear a sample of the amazingness which I've been referring to / enjoy music with sexual undertones and an aftertaste reminiscent of dark chocolate mixed with an across-the-room lust, please listen to this:


The Black Keys: I'm a fan. Big fan. So sick.

I know their album cover makes them look sort of like a moodier Flight of the Conchords (who... okay, I also love, but for different reasons). But don't be fooled. Dis 'ish dope.

Well, that's all I've got today. Stay tuned for the rest of my Winter Ever After playlist. Maybe you'll like the same music I like. In which case, we are soul mates.

Until then, I will be trying to convince my Padre that it is a good idea to let my brother and I host a New Year's Par-tay at my house.

Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment